The ELAN MK-5 series features five different models, each designed to pay tribute to influential musicians and their contributions to various genres of music:
- The “Dino” all-tube floor preamp is a homage to Dino Cazares, the guitarist of Fear Factory, and his significant impact on the Industrial Metal genre.
- The “Jimmy” all-tube floor preamp is a tribute to Jimmy Page, the legendary guitarist of Led Zeppelin, and his profound influence on rock music.
- The “King” all-tube floor preamp is dedicated to BB King, the iconic blues singer/songwriter and guitarist, and his legendary contributions to the history of blues music.
- The MK5 “Acoustic” all-tube floor preamp is perfect for acoustic or electric guitar and other instruments, delivering sparkling clean tones and headroom for a convincingly natural acoustic sound. It will make your electric guitar sound convincingly acoustic with sparkling clean tone and headroom like you’re never heard.
- The MK5 “Bass” all-tube floor preamp is specifically designed for bass guitar, providing ample headroom and punch for a powerful bass tone that will make your bones rattle and with headroom and punch that you can only dream of.
The electronics circuits of the ELAN MK5 preamps are based on renowned amp modifications developed by Elan Memran for notable guitar players such as Dino Cazares, Ernie C. of “Body Count”, LA Guns, Randy Piper of “Wasp”, and others. These preamps are designed to deliver rich, warm, and dynamic tube sound, capturing the essence of the musicians they pay homage to.
The Elan MK5 electronics circuits are based on the famous amp modifications developed years ago by Elan Memran for Dino Cazares ( Fear Factory), “Armored saint“, “Saga” Ernie C. “Body Count”, LA Guns, Randy Piper-“Wasp” and many other guitar players.
Elan Memran with Jeff Loomis, Keith Merrow and Dino Cazares